Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Bass Guitar Shot Gun Shell Knobs

The creative process or Art can happen any where you are, and applied to almost anything. I play the Bass Guitar. I purchased a guitar on line but the knobs were not the original. The seller put on what looked like wooden knobs from his grandmothers dresser. I wanted something different So I though of using shot gun shell as the knobs. I purchased some shotgun shells, emptied them of the gun powder and primer. then fill them in with resin. I zinc plated them (to make more shinny and prevent dulling from oxidation ) and then put some black in to make the lettering stand out (the version shown here is without the black). Here is the end result.




A one of a kind guitar with 12 Gage shotgun knobs



see blacksmithing work at Bent Iron Forge

See Photography work at Visual Perceptions by Lombano

1 comment:

  1. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Rifles for sale

    ReplyDelete