Friday, June 28, 2013

translucent red sushi plate

I had a request from a friend for a translucent red sushi plate. This is similar to one I had done in the past, but instead of just the black and red I added a yellow stripe.


This was a three step process where I had to do a bubble squeeze to make sure there were no air bubbles between the red and clear layer below, since it was transparent. I also tried a different technique where the black and yellow stipe were allowed to melt into the red layer. then I had to slump the plate to the sushi plate shape, then I did a fire polish to make it nice and shiny and round the edges so they were perfectly smooth.

original plate
notice the bubbles in the glass, no bubble squeeze here, and the black line is sharper, the black glass was cut to fit in rather than allowed to sink in.

See blacksmithing work at Bent Iron Forge

See Photography work at Visual Perceptions by Lombano

No comments:

Post a Comment