Sunday, April 21, 2013

Brass Plate Etching

I have been planting some citrus and Fruit trees at my place. I thought is would be fun to make plaques to put in front of each tree to identify it. I have looked at some different ways of doing it. This is one where I start with a 1/4 inch thick copper plate, cut it to size, then put a resistant material over the lettering or pictures, then use an electric current to etch off the plate to make the letters raised.

 Start with a clean copper plate

 Stencil on your design


place the plate, in some electrolyte, then place another piece of metal over it. then attach a power supply and the metal from the Copper plate will dissolve into the solution.

Finished Etched Copper Plate with raised lettering and picture.


See blacksmithing work at Bent Iron Forge

See Photography work at Visual Perceptions by Lombano

No comments:

Post a Comment